Lido Palms has it’s own spa with all spa treatments available.
It’s always great to have spa treatments; however, if you can’t afford it then PLEASE don’t stress over it. You can have a WONDERFUL and and life-changing cleanse with or without them.
Lido Palms has a sauna. Dr. Oz called them “the next life extension tool.”
Benefits of an infrared sauna:
- Weight Loss – Infrared saunas are unique in that they allow you the ability to lose weight “without lifting a finger.” I know, I know – this sounds too good to be true, but it isn’t. And this isn’t just “water weight” we’re talking about here. Studies have shown that sitting in an infrared sauna for 30 minutes can burn upwards of 600 calories. When you use an infrared sauna, your core body temperate increases (not your surface body temperature like a regular steam sauna), and your body works hard to cool it down. This causes an increase in your heart rate, metabolic rate and cardiac output, which allows you to burn calories while you sit back and relax.
- Detoxification – Sweating is the one of your body’s natural ways to remove toxins from your system. Removing toxins from your body is a great way to avoid disease, prevent illness, and generally improve your overall feeling of health and vitality. Since infrared saunas heat your body from the core, they allow you to sweat out up to 7 times more toxins than traditional saunas.
- Relaxation – Everyone who has ever spent time in a sauna is likely familiar with the generally euphoric feeling that results. Spending time in an infrared sauna is no different. Cortisol is a hormone that is produced by the body as a result of stress. Studies have shown that infrared heat therapy helps the body maintain healthy levels of cortisol, allowing you to relieve that day-to-day stress, and relax.
- Pain Relief – One of the most popular reasons people turn to infrared saunas is pain relief. Infrared heat works by deeply penetrating joints, muscle and tissues, which increases circulation and speeds oxygen flow. Many doctors recommend infrared therapy to athletes for sports injury relief, arthritis, fibromyalgia, and other chronic pain syndromes. Go shopping for infrared saunas!
- Lower Blood Pressure – During a session in an infrared sauna, your heart works harder to cool your body down, promoting healthy blood flow. Infrared sauna therapy is a safe and effective way to improve your heart functions, and can be especially beneficial for patients with diabetes, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol.
- Improved Circulation – Heating your muscles with infrared rays causes an increase in blood flow that is similar exercise. Never before has it been so relaxing to get your body going!
- Skin Purification – Studies on infrared light therapy have shown improvements in skin complexion, tone, texture, elasticity and overall appearance. Less toxins in the skin = healthier skin.
Benefits of a dry sauna:
Temperatures in a dry heat sauna can get as high as 185 degrees Fahrenheit and cause body temperatures to increase to as high as 104 degrees, report doctors at the Harvard Medical School. The effects of a dry sauna on the body can be profound, creating as much as a pint of sweat and increasing pulse rate up to 30 percent. To reap the benefits, dry sauna users should follow certain precautions such as drinking three to four glasses of water after leaving the unit.
- Detoxification – Sweat helps the body exude toxins and other unwanted materials from the body. Since the dry heat sauna produces so much sweat, a detoxification takes place that can help to eliminate debris collected in the fat tissues. It opens pores to allow accumulated toxins to pour out. In addition to ridding the body of toxins, the detoxification process can help increase circulation and reduce pain in some people.
- Weight Loss – Water-weight loss can add up for those looking for an additional push to their weight loss regimen. Additionally, as your body’s core heats up and circulation increases, more calories are needed to pump blood through your system. Your body turns to its fat stores to supply the extra energy resources, adding to the sauna’s weight loss benefits.
- Relaxation – One of the most commonly reported benefits of dry heat sauna is its relaxation properties. Be sure to concentrate on breathing. The natural procedure provides an opportunity to slow down and relax. As the heat penetrates your body, it relaxes your muscles. The penetrating heat also works to relax joints and can soothe pain for many who suffer from arthritis or fibromyalgia.
- Skin Rejuvenation – The skin is the largest organ on the body and requires flushing regularly through sweat to keep it clean and rejuvenated. The pores open up quickly in a dry heat sauna, and the debris and dirt trapped in those pores become loosened quickly as well. Blood flow increases and adds to the detoxification that improves the skin. People with acne, eczema and other skin imperfections can see a marked improvement in the tone and appearance of their skin following a dry heat sauna.